Extensis and your privacy
Updated as of: June 2, 2016.
Extensis respects your privacy as a visitor to our website(s) and use of Extensis resources. Our websites consist of websites produced and maintained by Extensis and/or an Extensis service provider, including but not limited to www.extensis.com (collectively the “Website(s)”). Through the Website(s), you may access and use Extensis resources including but not limited to Extensis online services, forums, blogs, chat rooms, support site, product and services information, stores, knowledge base articles, accounts, and channel partner and affiliate programs (collectively the “Extensis Resources”). The Website(s) and Extensis Resources are collectively referred to herein as the “Services”.
1. Information We Collect.
- 1.2 Information We Collect Automatically.
- (a) Usage Information. Whenever you access or use the Services, we, as well as our service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Services are accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include browser type, device type, operating system, application version, the page served, the time and date, the preceding page views, and your use of features or applications in connection with the Services. This information helps us to improve our Services and your interactions with our Services.
- (b) Device Identifier. We, as well as our service providers, automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) from your computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device (“Device”) you use to access the Services. A Device Identifier is a number that is assigned to your Device when you access our Website(s), and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page movements, help identify you and your interests, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- (c) Cookies; Pixel Tags. The technologies used by the Services to collect Usage Information, including Device Identifiers, include and are not limited to: cookies (data files placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Services), mobile analytics software and pixel tags (transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or tracking beacon, placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed). Cookies may also be used to associate you with social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter and, if you so choose, enable interaction between your use of the Services and your activities on such social networking sites. We, or our service providers, may place cookies or similar files on your Device for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation, to perform analytics, and personalize your experience while visiting our Services. A pixel tag may tell your browser to get content from another server.
- We do not require that you consent to the placement of the cookies described above. To learn how you may be able to reduce the number of cookies you receive from us, or delete cookies that have already been installed in your browser’s cookie folder, or prevent tracking activities, please refer to your browser’s tools or help menu or other instructions related to your browser. If you do disable or opt out of receiving cookies, please be aware that some Services, such as our store, may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your account(s). In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
2. How We Use Information. We use the information we collect for a variety of business purposes, such as: (a) to respond to any questions and requests you may have; (b) to provide you with access to certain products and services, including those of our affiliates and partners; (c) to verify your identity; (d) to process transactions; (e) to communicate with you about your account and activities on the Services; (f) to provide you with newsletters, updates, special offers and advertisements; and (g) for any purposes which may have been disclosed to you at the time you provided your Personal Information to us. We may also use information we collect to test, enhance and improve the Services, our products, and product related service offerings.
3. When We Disclose or Share Information. Except as described below, we will not provide your Personal Information to any third parties without your consent. We may share non-Personal Information such as de-identified aggregate data and Usage Information with third parties. We may also share your information as disclosed to you at the time you provide your information.
- 3.1 Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with our service providers who provide services on our behalf such as website hosting providers, marketing services, data analysis, payment and credit card processing, order fulfillment, information technology and other similar services. When we share Personal Information with our service providers, we require that they first contractually agree to comply with reasonable and appropriate privacy and security standards.
- 3.2 Business Transfers. We may change ownership or corporate organization while providing the Services. In the event we are involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as a part of that transaction.
5. How We Will Protect Your Personal Information. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your Personal Information, including the implementation and maintenance of organizational, technical and administrative procedures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access, disclosure or destruction. Users of the Services must also do their part in protecting the data, systems, networks and service they are utilizing. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you use the Services and provide us with your information at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your Personal Information is no longer secure (for example, your Extensis account password may have been compromised), please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Your Choices On How We Use Your Information.
- 6.1 Your Personal Information. You control the Personal Information that you provide to us in connection with the Services. If you do not want to submit Personal Information necessary or required for use of certain Services, then you will not be able to access and use such Services. You may, at any time, update, correct, or delete certain Personal Information that you have provided to us by editing your registered user information or contacting us at email@example.com. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Services. We are not obligated to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. Please note that it may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons. We will endeavor to retain your information for as long as your Extensis Account is active or as needed to provide you with certain Services. We will also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- 6.2 Marketing Preferences. If you wish to remove yourself from individual communications, including marketing promotions, advertisements, updates and email newsletters, simply click the unsubscribe or subscription management link in the communication. We will comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you choose not to receive marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative and transactional messages (i.e., service notifications, changes to our terms, conditions and policies) in connection with your Services. Because this information is important to your interaction with us, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
7. Use of Services by Minors. We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of the United States and similar laws around the world where applicable to our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children without proper parental consent. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the age of thirteen (13), or under the applicable age of consent in your country, without parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly address this issue.
We are committed to complying with applicable U.S and E.U. laws regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. We are aware of the current discussions and negotiations regarding the transfer of personal data from the EU/EEA to a non-EU/EEA country, such as the U.S, and will continue to monitor the situation and update our policies as needed.