A lot has changed since Extensis first released Portfolio® and it just keeps getting better! We wanted to create a place you can visit to learn about the latest updates. We’ll update this article regularly with every major Portfolio release, so you can always have the latest scoop on this powerful digital asset management solution.
Portfolio 4.0 — June 2021
- Sometimes, you need a middle ground between private and public gallery options. That’s why Portfolio 4.0 gives you the option of private shareable galleries. You can share a gallery with the teammates you need to collaborate with while keeping it private from those who don’t need to see it.
- Portfolio already empowers you to protect your intellectual property with watermarking. Version 4.0’s enhanced watermarks now include an outline shadow, which makes them clearer on various backgrounds and ensures that it doesn’t appear washed out on images with dark and light areas.
- The latest release supports more camera RAW file formats for the newest models from manufacturers such as Nikon, Canon, Sony, and many more. Explore the wide variety of file formats supported by Portfolio here.
- Portfolio 4.0 also features a user interface refresh which is easier on the eyes and boosts end user productivity.
- Web security is an evolving process, so it should come as no surprise that this latest release includes security updates. We’ve ensured compatibility with the latest version of Microsoft’s Active Directory and employed Apache Tomcat to resolve recent issues with Windows, WebSocket Denial of Service, HTTP/2 Denial of Service, and other emerging security issues. Also, just like Portfolio 3.6.3, this latest release is Adobe Flash-free to keep things running smoothly and securely.
- Great news for macOS users — Portfolio 4.0 is compatible with Big Sur macOS 11 on Intel chip machines. We’re still testing on systems with the new Apple M1 chip machines and don’t recommend installing Portfolio 4.0 on Apple M1 systems at this time. We’ll be sure to update this article as soon as we know more.
Stay tuned for more updates!
Individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes can benefit from digital asset management. This flexible, robust solution empowers everyone from self-employed professionals to global companies to use their digital assets more effectively and securely.
Discover Extensis Portfolio