Enterprise Edition Requirements
Enterprise Edition users have the option of utilizing one of these external databases. Use of an external database is required with a proxy failover configuration.
- MySQL 5.5 or newer (Macintosh or Windows)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or 2014 (Windows)
Directory Services Support (Optional)
- Active Directory on Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 or 2016
- Open Directory on macOS Server v10.8 through 10.12
Recommended: Active Directory on Windows Server 2008 or 2012
Server Administration and User Management
Requirements for any computers that will be used for Server Administration or User Management. These applications can be run remotely.
- Internet Explorer® 10 or later or Microsoft Edge (for administering the server from Windows), Safari® 7 or later (for administering the server from a Macintosh), or the current release of Firefox® or Chrome™
- An Internet connection and one of the above browsers to view Help.
- The current release of Adobe Flash® Player
Reports can be viewed using any supported browser.
- Internet Explorer 10 or later (for viewing reports from Windows 7 or later), or
- Microsoft Edge (for viewing reports from Windows 10), or
- Safari 9 or later (for viewing reports from macOS), or
- The current release of Firefox, or
- The current release of Chrome
Reports can also be viewed from a tablet on the same network as the Universal Type Server. Minimum requirements are:
- iOS 9 or later, Android 4.4 or later, or Windows 10, and
- 1024×768 or larger display.