Final version: 20.0.7 (released 19 August 2019)
System Requirements are here.
(released 19 August 2019)
- We added support for Monotype’s Enterprise font solution, Mosaic.
To use Mosaic with Suitcase Fusion, download the SkyFonts application and link your Enterprise account to SkyFonts, then sync your Enterprise fonts through SkyFonts.
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where scrolling with Group Fonts by Family enabled could be quite slow with a lot of fonts installed. [FS-6750]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the System Fonts library was not displayed if a system font had improper permissions. [FS-6893]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where activating fonts in Windows version 1903 (May 2019 Update) would close Explorer windows. [FS-6896]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where Suitcase Fusion would crash in certain preview modes under the beta version of macOS 10.15. [FS-6900]
NOTE: We usually don’t list fixes to bugs that appear in beta versions of operating systems, but in this case a lot of users have been working with macOS betas and we decided to prioritize this important fix.
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where marking a font as Favorite would temporarily change the font’s activation and cause it’s preview to disappear. [TS-2830, FS-6930]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where saving a Photoshop document a second time would yield a “file in use” error when the auto-activation plug-in is installed and Font Sense is enabled. [FS-6940]
(released 2 July 2019)
(released 27 June 2019)
Suitcase Fusion now includes Keywords and other metadata for tracked documents; this information is displayed as Tags in the Document Info tab. You can use QuickFind with tracked documents to find documents with a specific tag.
Other new features
- If a pre-defined preview text string uses glyphs that are not present in a given font, a different text string (one whose glyphs are all present) will be displayed for that font.
- When scrolling a list view that is organized by family, the topmost family’s header will be “pinned” to the top of the screen while any elements of the family are still visible.
- The Fonts pane and Tracked Documents pane now display an appropriate message and hint when the selected target is empty.
- We are now using the Creative Cloud icon for the Adobe Fonts library.
- Fixed an issue where opening an Adobe Illustrator file would cause Illustrator to present a message that Suitcase Fusion was not logged in. [FS-6639]
- Fixed an issue where fonts in a hidden text block in an Illustrator document were not listed in the tracked document’s Font Usage and were not activated if you opened the document through Suitcase Fusion. [FS-6691]
- Fixed an issue where switching from viewing a long glyph list to a font with a short glyph list did not correctly draw the short glyph list. [FS-6708]
- Fixed an issue where you could delete a Google font from a Smart Search, which would remove it from the Google Fonts library. NOTE: You can not remove individual Google fonts, but you can disable the Google Fonts library. [FS-6763]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the selected family’s heading was not highlighted in List View. [FS-6769]
- Fixed an issue where creating then saving an empty document in Adobe Illustrator makes Preferences inaccessible. [FS-6803]
- Fixed an issue where Illustrator would hang when trying to open an Illustrator file that includes a linked Illustrator file with fonts. [FS-6804]
- Fixed an issue where creating a new Illustrator document with both the auto-activation plug-in and Esko PowerLayout’s plug-in installed would cause Illustrator to crash. [FS-6809]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where Suitcase Fusion would crash when trying to display the Font Usage tab for a tracked document that has no fonts. [FS-6855]
(released 22 April 2019)
Advanced Find and Smart Search
- We added a search criterion to find fonts by their Location (such as Vault or System).
- We added a search criterion called Problem Fonts that will list corrupt fonts.
- We added a search criterion called Platform to find fonts that are (or are not) compatible with the platform that Suitcase Fusion is running on.
Other new features
- Searching in the Glyphs pane will display a named code point range for glyphs that do not have an assigned name.
- You can now update tracked documents that have been modified outside of Suitcase Fusion.
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where Suitcase Fusion could not find the printer font file for certain PostScript fonts (fonts where the printer font file name did not follow a typical naming convention). [FS-6529]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where screen tips appear immediately and cover the target area. [FS-6565]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue on macOS Mojave where disclosure triangles do not display in the Libraries panel if the panel has a scroll bar. [FS-6568]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where plug-in dialogs on Windows 10 had a secondary shadow. [FS-6577]
- Fixed an issue where Collect Fonts for Output (used within a design application) might give an alert that some fonts could not be collected. [FS-6578]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where the pop-up menu for secondary Find criteria was not long enough to accommodate the longest selection. [FS-6584]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the screen tip for a truncated library name could also be truncated. [FS-6585]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where a long foundry name was truncated but did not show an ellipsis (…) in a non-tile preview when viewed with Family groups enabled. [FS-6586]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the uninstaller app would not remove a Vault from a non-default location. [FS-6600]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the uninstaller would not remove Suitcase Fusion if it was in a folder other than the Applications folder. [FS-6601]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the uninstaller did not remove the
.Extensis folder from within the user’s home folder. [FS-6602]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the uninstaller application did not quit Suitcase Fusion. [FS-6603]
- Fixed an issue where disabling the Pick the best match option in the settings for the auto-activation plug-in for Adobe InDesign could conflict with InDesign’s warning about a color profile mismatch. [FS-6618]
- Fixed an issue where the Administer Suitcase TeamSync link would always open the English version. [FS-6619]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where attempting to install plug-ins from the command line could yield an uncaught exception error. [FS-6620]
- (Windows) Added screen tips to Preview buttons [FS-6626]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where searching for glyphs could stop working. [FS-6645]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where viewing glyphs on very large fonts could cause Suitcase Fusion to quit unexpectedly. [FS-6647]
- Fixed an issue where searching in the Glyphs pane for a code block name when only that code block was displayed would result in nothing being found. [FS-6656]
- Fixed an issue where saving multiple documents within an Adobe application with auto-activation enabled can sometimes return focus to a different document. [FS-6687]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the Find Fonts dialog in Adobe Illustrator sometimes would not open if none of the document fonts were missing. [FS-6688]
- Fixed an issue where optional (downloadable) system fonts were deactivated when FMCore started. [FS-6697]
(released 13 February 2019)
- We added the font’s Version, Foundry, and Font Sense information as a screen tip, visible when you move the mouse pointer over a font tile. [FS-6497]
- We made the Supported Languages list in the Info panel hierarchical; click the triangle next to a language family to see all the variants that a font supports. [FS-6513]
- We updated what goes on behind the scenes when a Suitcase Fusion update requires a database upgrade: we automatically back up your database, but not your Font Vault (which can be time-consuming). If you wish to make a backup of your Vault before upgrading, choose File > Font Vault Archive > Archive. [FS-2966]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where Illustrator would erroneously present its “Missing Font” dialog in some cases. [FS-3959]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where right-clicking a font associated with a tracked document would present a contextual menu with options for the document, not for the font. [FS-6400]
- Fixed an issue where an EPS document containing Font Sense metadata and saved for compatibility with Illustrator 8 would give an error when opened and would display with no data. NOTE: In this situation, closing the document without saving would preserve your original document. [FS-6448]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where some backgrounds appeared white on macOS Mojave. [FS-6469]
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect screen tip for a font could be displayed. [FS-6472]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where font previews and the Glyphs pane content would display too small over AirPlay. [FS-6479]
- Fixed an issue where changing a font’s foundry in QuickMatch results would not be reflected in the font list until you selected a different font. [FS-6483]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where some shortcut menus included invalid options in some situations. [FS-6484]
- Fixed an issue where upgrading a Suitcase Fusion 6 library that has a local set with Google Fonts would cause those fonts to appear twice in the Google Fonts library. [FS-6491]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where choosing preview options from the View > Preview menu would cause a crash. [FS-6496]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where the Edit Attributes button would not open the Attributes dialog if you have a library selected. [FS-6503]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where a new Smart Search might not show the correct search criteria after you create it. [FS-6506]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where changes made in the Preferences dialog were saved but not re-loaded if you changed back and forth between tabs in the dialog. [FS-6519]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where choosing sort options from the View > Sort menu would cause a crash. [FS-6525]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where assigning a font as a Favorite in QuickMatch results would cause that font’s preview to change to a different font. [FS-6553]
- Fixed an issue with the Adobe Illustrator plug-in where the Suitcase Fusion sub-menu would disappear from Illustrator’s Type menu if you had more than about 34 libraries. [FS-6561]
(released 8 January 2019)
- Added Font Sense information to the main font list.
- Added the ability to sort by Postscript Name.
- (Windows) Fixed an issue in InCopy and InDesign where auto-activation was not processed until the the user switched away from the design application then switched back to it. [FS-5700]
- (Windows) Fixed multiple issues with contextual menus. [FS-6316]
- (Mac) Waterfall previews are less crowded. [FS-6361]
- Fixed an issue where a Google font that had been marked as a favorite would still turn up in search results that included favorite fonts after Google fonts were deactivated. [FS-6423]
- Google fonts are copied to the vault when you copy them to another library. [FS-6432]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where Suitcase Fusion did not clean font caches and restart the system. [FS-6452]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the FMCore and Suitcase Fusion used much more memory than required. [FS-6465]
(released 15 November 2018)
- Double-click a tracked document to open it in the appropriate application.
- Opening a tracked document from within Suitcase Fusion activates the fonts used in the document immediately (without waiting for the plug-in).
- Former Adobe Typekit fonts are now known as Adobe Fonts.
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where the Glyph window contents would flash multiple times after making another font selection. [FS-6323]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where renaming a Suitcase Fusion library while using the Font Panel in Adobe Illustrator would not update the library name in Illustrator. [FS-6327]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where adding fonts would fail if the font’s pathname includes one or more two-byte characters. [FS-6332]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where using the keyboard to activate a selected font in a document’s Font Usage panel would de-select the font, so more keyboard actions would not work on that font. [FS-6345]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where attempting to Collect one font from a tracked document would collect all the document’s fonts. [FS-6346]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where opening multiple Photoshop documents would only update the fonts in the frontmost document. [FS-6355]
- Fixed an issue where opening a Photoshop document with missing fonts could result in a Typekit/Adobe Fonts dialog appearing in front of a plug-in dialog, with the plug-in’s dialog having precedence. [FS-6356]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where cancelling a Find operation might not completely clear the Find panel. [FS-6357]
- Fixed an issue where adding an InDesign document directly to Suitcase Fusion would list some fonts not used in the document. [FS-6359]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where it is difficult to control whether a tracked document’s Font Usage list or the main font list would scroll. [FS-6362]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where viewing a tracked document’s info then using Shift+click to select another tracked document results in the info panel never closing and never moving. [FS-6363]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where opening a Photoshop document with deactivated fonts would not automatically update the text layers. [FS-6378]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where setting Windows 7 or 8 scaling to 125% could cause Suitcase Fusion to crash at launch. [FS-6379]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where editing a set’s attributes could cause Suitcase Fusion to crash. [FS-6382]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where some fonts would display correctly in the Preview panel but not in the font list. NOTE: Our investigation revealed that some non-Latin fonts may still fall prey to a similar issue. We are working to identify and fix as many of these issues as possible. [FS-6383]
- (Windows) Changed the default window size so that it will show an expanded family and a font’s info panel without needing to expand the window. [FS-6384]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where creating a set, collapsing the parent library, then selecting another library would re-open the original library. [FS-6388]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where disabling Adobe Fonts in Creative Cloud would not remove the fonts from Suitcase Fusion. [FS-6390]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where selecting fonts in a tracked document’s Font Usage panel then switching to a different document results in an inconsistent selection. [FS-6391]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where adding fonts during the setup wizard could get stuck if the user already has a large online library. [FS-6394]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where scrolling a tracked document’s Font Usage panel would update slowly. [FS-6402]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where viewing a tracked document’s info while syncing fonts could result in Suitcase Fusion rapidly switching between the document’s Font Usage and Document Info panels. [FS-6408]
- Fixed an issue where opening a PDF in Adobe Illustrator would yield a prompt to select a file format: Adobe PDF or Extensis. [FS-6418]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where expanding a family consisting of a single font might not draw the preview. [FS-6427]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where making a change then saving certain Photoshop documents would prompt for a new file name. [FS-6429]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where clicking the disclosure triangle to select a different library would result in the selection reverting to the original library. [FS-6436]
(released 16 October 2018)
- Track Adobe documents saved using the auto-activation plug-in
- Identify fonts used in each tracked document
- Provides general information about each tracked document
- Identify which tracked documents use a specific font
Other new features
- Auto-activation plug-ins for Adobe CC 2019
- Fully 64-bit application
- Support for macOS Mojave