Suitcase Fusion 9 Release Notes
System Requirements are here.
Current version: 20.0.6 (released 2 July 2019)
(released 2 July 2019)
(released 27 June 2019)
Suitcase Fusion now includes Keywords and other metadata for tracked documents; this information is displayed as Tags in the Document Info tab. You can use QuickFind with tracked documents to find documents with a specific tag.
Other new features
- If a pre-defined preview text string uses glyphs that are not present in a given font, a different text string (one whose glyphs are all present) will be displayed for that font.
- When scrolling a list view that is organized by family, the topmost family’s header will be “pinned” to the top of the screen while any elements of the family are still visible.
- The Fonts pane and Tracked Documents pane now display an appropriate message and hint when the selected target is empty.
- We are now using the Creative Cloud icon for the Adobe Fonts library.
- Fixed an issue where opening an Adobe Illustrator file would cause Illustrator to present a message that Suitcase Fusion was not logged in. [FS-6639]
- Fixed an issue where fonts in a hidden text block in an Illustrator document were not listed in the tracked document’s Font Usage and were not activated if you opened the document through Suitcase Fusion. [FS-6691]
- Fixed an issue where switching from viewing a long glyph list to a font with a short glyph list did not correctly draw the short glyph list. [FS-6708]
- Fixed an issue where you could delete a Google font from a Smart Search, which would remove it from the Google Fonts library. NOTE: You can not remove individual Google fonts, but you can disable the Google Fonts library. [FS-6763]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the selected family’s heading was not highlighted in List View. [FS-6769]
- Fixed an issue where creating then saving an empty document in Adobe Illustrator makes Preferences inaccessible. [FS-6803]
- Fixed an issue where Illustrator would hang when trying to open an Illustrator file that includes a linked Illustrator file with fonts. [FS-6804]
- Fixed an issue where creating a new Illustrator document with both the auto-activation plug-in and Esko PowerLayout’s plug-in installed would cause Illustrator to crash. [FS-6809]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where Suitcase Fusion would crash when trying to display the Font Usage tab for a tracked document that has no fonts. [FS-6855]
(released 22 April 2019)
Advanced Find and Smart Search
- We added a search criterion to find fonts by their Location (such as Vault or System).
- We added a search criterion called Problem Fonts that will list corrupt fonts.
- We added a search criterion called Platform to find fonts that are (or are not) compatible with the platform that Suitcase Fusion is running on.
Other new features
- Searching in the Glyphs pane will display a named code point range for glyphs that do not have an assigned name.
- You can now update tracked documents that have been modified outside of Suitcase Fusion.
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where Suitcase Fusion could not find the printer font file for certain PostScript fonts (fonts where the printer font file name did not follow a typical naming convention). [FS-6529]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where screen tips appear immediately and cover the target area. [FS-6565]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue on macOS Mojave where disclosure triangles do not display in the Libraries panel if the panel has a scroll bar. [FS-6568]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where plug-in dialogs on Windows 10 had a secondary shadow. [FS-6577]
- Fixed an issue where Collect Fonts for Output (used within a design application) might give an alert that some fonts could not be collected. [FS-6578]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where the pop-up menu for secondary Find criteria was not long enough to accommodate the longest selection. [FS-6584]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the screen tip for a truncated library name could also be truncated. [FS-6585]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where a long foundry name was truncated but did not show an ellipsis (…) in a non-tile preview when viewed with Family groups enabled. [FS-6586]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the uninstaller app would not remove a Vault from a non-default location. [FS-6600]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the uninstaller would not remove Suitcase Fusion if it was in a folder other than the Applications folder. [FS-6601]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the uninstaller did not remove the
.Extensis folder from within the user’s home folder. [FS-6602]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the uninstaller application did not quit Suitcase Fusion. [FS-6603]
- Fixed an issue where disabling the Pick the best match option in the settings for the auto-activation plug-in for Adobe InDesign could conflict with InDesign’s warning about a color profile mismatch. [FS-6618]
- Fixed an issue where the Administer Suitcase TeamSync link would always open the English version. [FS-6619]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where attempting to install plug-ins from the command line could yield an uncaught exception error. [FS-6620]
- (Windows) Added screen tips to Preview buttons [FS-6626]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where searching for glyphs could stop working. [FS-6645]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where viewing glyphs on very large fonts could cause Suitcase Fusion to quit unexpectedly. [FS-6647]
- Fixed an issue where searching in the Glyphs pane for a code block name when only that code block was displayed would result in nothing being found. [FS-6656]
- Fixed an issue where saving multiple documents within an Adobe application with auto-activation enabled can sometimes return focus to a different document. [FS-6687]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the Find Fonts dialog in Adobe Illustrator sometimes would not open if none of the document fonts were missing. [FS-6688]
- Fixed an issue where optional (downloadable) system fonts were deactivated when FMCore started. [FS-6697]
(released 13 February 2019)
- We added the font’s Version, Foundry, and Font Sense information as a screen tip, visible when you move the mouse pointer over a font tile. [FS-6497]
- We made the Supported Languages list in the Info panel hierarchical; click the triangle next to a language family to see all the variants that a font supports. [FS-6513]
- We updated what goes on behind the scenes when a Suitcase Fusion update requires a database upgrade: we automatically back up your database, but not your Font Vault (which can be time-consuming). If you wish to make a backup of your Vault before upgrading, choose File > Font Vault Archive > Archive. [FS-2966]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where Illustrator would erroneously present its “Missing Font” dialog in some cases. [FS-3959]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where right-clicking a font associated with a tracked document would present a contextual menu with options for the document, not for the font. [FS-6400]
- Fixed an issue where an EPS document containing Font Sense metadata and saved for compatibility with Illustrator 8 would give an error when opened and would display with no data. NOTE: In this situation, closing the document without saving would preserve your original document. [FS-6448]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where some backgrounds appeared white on macOS Mojave. [FS-6469]
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect screen tip for a font could be displayed. [FS-6472]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where font previews and the Glyphs pane content would display too small over AirPlay. [FS-6479]
- Fixed an issue where changing a font’s foundry in QuickMatch results would not be reflected in the font list until you selected a different font. [FS-6483]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where some shortcut menus included invalid options in some situations. [FS-6484]
- Fixed an issue where upgrading a Suitcase Fusion 6 library that has a local set with Google Fonts would cause those fonts to appear twice in the Google Fonts library. [FS-6491]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where choosing preview options from the View > Preview menu would cause a crash. [FS-6496]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where the Edit Attributes button would not open the Attributes dialog if you have a library selected. [FS-6503]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where a new Smart Search might not show the correct search criteria after you create it. [FS-6506]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where changes made in the Preferences dialog were saved but not re-loaded if you changed back and forth between tabs in the dialog. [FS-6519]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where choosing sort options from the View > Sort menu would cause a crash. [FS-6525]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where assigning a font as a Favorite in QuickMatch results would cause that font’s preview to change to a different font. [FS-6553]
- Fixed an issue with the Adobe Illustrator plug-in where the Suitcase Fusion sub-menu would disappear from Illustrator’s Type menu if you had more than about 34 libraries. [FS-6561]
(released 8 January 2019)
- Added Font Sense information to the main font list.
- Added the ability to sort by Postscript Name.
- (Windows) Fixed an issue in InCopy and InDesign where auto-activation was not processed until the the user switched away from the design application then switched back to it. [FS-5700]
- (Windows) Fixed multiple issues with contextual menus. [FS-6316]
- (Mac) Waterfall previews are less crowded. [FS-6361]
- Fixed an issue where a Google font that had been marked as a favorite would still turn up in search results that included favorite fonts after Google fonts were deactivated. [FS-6423]
- Google fonts are copied to the vault when you copy them to another library. [FS-6432]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where Suitcase Fusion did not clean font caches and restart the system. [FS-6452]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the FMCore and Suitcase Fusion used much more memory than required. [FS-6465]
(released 15 November 2018)
- Double-click a tracked document to open it in the appropriate application.
- Opening a tracked document from within Suitcase Fusion activates the fonts used in the document immediately (without waiting for the plug-in).
- Former Adobe Typekit fonts are now known as Adobe Fonts.
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where the Glyph window contents would flash multiple times after making another font selection. [FS-6323]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where renaming a Suitcase Fusion library while using the Font Panel in Adobe Illustrator would not update the library name in Illustrator. [FS-6327]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where adding fonts would fail if the font’s pathname includes one or more two-byte characters. [FS-6332]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where using the keyboard to activate a selected font in a document’s Font Usage panel would de-select the font, so more keyboard actions would not work on that font. [FS-6345]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where attempting to Collect one font from a tracked document would collect all the document’s fonts. [FS-6346]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where opening multiple Photoshop documents would only update the fonts in the frontmost document. [FS-6355]
- Fixed an issue where opening a Photoshop document with missing fonts could result in a Typekit/Adobe Fonts dialog appearing in front of a plug-in dialog, with the plug-in’s dialog having precedence. [FS-6356]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where cancelling a Find operation might not completely clear the Find panel. [FS-6357]
- Fixed an issue where adding an InDesign document directly to Suitcase Fusion would list some fonts not used in the document. [FS-6359]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where it is difficult to control whether a tracked document’s Font Usage list or the main font list would scroll. [FS-6362]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where viewing a tracked document’s info then using Shift+click to select another tracked document results in the info panel never closing and never moving. [FS-6363]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where opening a Photoshop document with deactivated fonts would not automatically update the text layers. [FS-6378]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where setting Windows 7 or 8 scaling to 125% could cause Suitcase Fusion to crash at launch. [FS-6379]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where editing a set’s attributes could cause Suitcase Fusion to crash. [FS-6382]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where some fonts would display correctly in the Preview panel but not in the font list. NOTE: Our investigation revealed that some non-Latin fonts may still fall prey to a similar issue. We are working to identify and fix as many of these issues as possible. [FS-6383]
- (Windows) Changed the default window size so that it will show an expanded family and a font’s info panel without needing to expand the window. [FS-6384]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where creating a set, collapsing the parent library, then selecting another library would re-open the original library. [FS-6388]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where disabling Adobe Fonts in Creative Cloud would not remove the fonts from Suitcase Fusion. [FS-6390]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where selecting fonts in a tracked document’s Font Usage panel then switching to a different document results in an inconsistent selection. [FS-6391]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where adding fonts during the setup wizard could get stuck if the user already has a large online library. [FS-6394]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where scrolling a tracked document’s Font Usage panel would update slowly. [FS-6402]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where viewing a tracked document’s info while syncing fonts could result in Suitcase Fusion rapidly switching between the document’s Font Usage and Document Info panels. [FS-6408]
- Fixed an issue where opening a PDF in Adobe Illustrator would yield a prompt to select a file format: Adobe PDF or Extensis. [FS-6418]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where expanding a family consisting of a single font might not draw the preview. [FS-6427]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where making a change then saving certain Photoshop documents would prompt for a new file name. [FS-6429]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where clicking the disclosure triangle to select a different library would result in the selection reverting to the original library. [FS-6436]
(released 16 October 2018)
- Track Adobe documents saved using the auto-activation plug-in
- Identify fonts used in each tracked document
- Provides general information about each tracked document
- Identify which tracked documents use a specific font
Other new features
- Auto-activation plug-ins for Adobe CC 2019
- Fully 64-bit application
- Support for macOS Mojave