Final version: 19.1.1 (released 2 August 2018)
System Requirements are here.
(released 2 August 2018)
- Fixed an issue where QuickType text was not refreshed in fonts that were scrolled offscreen when the text was edited. [613327, FS-6078]
(released 17 July 2018)
Expandable Family view
- Family view in Suitcase Fusion now displays each font family on a single row in a scrolling list.
- Expand and collapse single families or all families to see font tiles or other preview types.
- Sort the Font pane by Name, Type, Foundry, Activation status, or Favorite.
- Sort fonts no matter what view you use.
- Sort options are saved when you quit Suitcase Fusion.
- Manage all of your synced SkyFonts™ from within Suitcase Fusion.
- Activate, deactivate, and collect fonts for output.
- SkyFont downloads appear immediately within Suitcase Fusion.
- Direct link to MyFonts.com to purchase and install additional fonts.
- TeamSync: The License Administrator account, used to invite TeamSync team members and create shared libraries, is no longer counted against the number of TeamSync users.
- Advanced Find can now locate fonts based on the content or presence of Comments.
- Windows: Improved responsiveness when using “type ahead” to scroll to a section of the Fonts panel.
- Mac: Creating a new Library or Smart Search while that element of the Libraries panel is hidden will automatically show that element.
- Windows: You can install Suitcase Fusion on a non-boot drive.
Note: If you install to a logical drive mapped using
SUBST, uninstallation might fail unless you map the drive as an administrator.
- Windows: We now save log files locally if you opt not to send crash reports to Extensis.
- Mac: The preview text for a missing font is displayed in gray.
- Click on the Missing Font icon to locate the font.
- Windows: Press Esc to cancel Find.
- Fixed an issue where some fonts would show as having zero or one glyph. [FS-4947, FS-5571]
- Dragging a corrupt font from the Temporary Fonts library to another library could cause issues with temporary fonts. We now disallow dragging temporary fonts into another library. [FS-4980]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where some fonts would not display a thumbnail in Tile view. [FS-5015]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where some corrupt fonts were not identified as corrupt. [FS-5470]
- Fixed an issue where trying to add a font in place that has already been added as a temporary font would cause removing temporary fonts to fail, and the font in question could not be promoted to the Vault. [FS-5529]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where Suitcase Fusion would shut down with a System.ApplicationException error. [FS-5534, FS-5919]
- When a missing font’s parent folder has an apostrophe in the name, the font will not have the icon indicating it is missing. [FS-5538]
- Fixed an issue in the plug-ins for Illustrator, InDesign, and InCopy for CC 2015, CC 2017, and CC 2018 where auto-activating or saving a document with a lot of fonts could cause the design application to crash. [FS-5546, FS-5922, FS-5923]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where adding a font in place that has already been added as a temporary font would show the font as activated twice. [FS-5583]
- Fixed an issue where the Favorite status of a font is remembered if it is deleted and added again. [FS-5594]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where attempting to activate a font added in-place from a network drive that is not mounted would cause Suitcase Fusion to stop responding. [FS-5605]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where the Page Down key would not scroll the correct distance. [FS-5610]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where right-to-left language previews were displayed left-to-right. [FS-5646]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where cancelling a permissions request during plug-in installation resulted in an error message. [FS-5655]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where copying and pasting glyphs would paste the incorrect font for some specific source fonts. [FS-5659]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where holding down the Page Down or Page Up key would not scroll to the bottom or top of the Font panel. [FS-5676]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where the Attributes window would not open when you have several thousand fonts selected. [FS-5681]
- Fixed an issue where Adobe After Effects would crash under certain conditions if it was using an incompatible plug-in. (This could happen if, for example, you upgrade Suitcase Fusion but do not immediately update plug-ins when prompted.) [FS-5715]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where Suitcase Fusion would crash when undoing an edit in the Preview text. [FS-5740]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where Suitcase Fusion could stop responding when scrolling through previews in a very large library. [FS-5764]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where Suitcase Fusion could crash if you quickly open then close the Glyphs or QuickMatch panel in a library with a large number of fonts. [FS-5769, FS-5786]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where the plug-in manager did not correctly report the presence of an outdated plug-in. [FS-5901]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where Suitcase Fusion would crash when you have scrollbars always visible on OS X 10.11, then drag a font from the Font pane over a scrollbar. [FS-5920]
- Using a question mark, single quote, double quote, asterisk, or percent sign in a Vault path or in any folder or file name in a temporary font’s path can cause issues with Suitcase Fusion. These characters have special meaning for Suitcase Fusion’s database and search engine. While we try to accommodate for them, in some cases they can cause problems, so we recommend avoiding these characters. [FS-5633]
(released 14 February 2018)
In this release, we addressed a number of bugs large and small, including these:
- On Windows, glyphs from some fonts were pasted as other fonts. [FS-4695]
- On both Mac and Windows, copying a glyph from the Glyphs panel would change a permanently activated font to be temporarily activated. [FS-5510]
- On Windows, dragging a selection of fonts worked sporadically. [FS-5518]
- On OS X 10.11, the “Install All Plug-ins” function in the plug-in manager did nothing after a user entered their credentials. [FS-5537]
- On a Mac with many fonts installed, font previews took a long time to render. [FS-5547]
- In Photoshop CC 2018 on Mac, a Typekit dialog would display and couldn’t be closed. [FS-5573]
We also took a little time to add a few enhancements:
- We reduced the space between font tiles and left-justified the tile view.
- We added a method to copy fonts that were added in-place to the Font Vault; choose Edit > Copy In-Place Fonts to Vault.
- In Suitcase Fusion for Mac, you can quickly open a set along with all of its subordinate sets; option-click the disclosure triangle for the set, or select the set and press Command-Option-Right Arrow.
(released 11 January 2018)
(released 13 Dec 2017)
- Added more font details to different views.
- Performance and display improvements.
- Fixed an issue where Adobe Illustrator 2018 would sometimes display a missing font dialog for fonts that were present. [FS-5282]
- Fixed an issue where the Quit menu item was sometimes disabled after opening a document in Adobe After Effects for Mac. [FS-5337]
- Fixed an issue where deactivation sometimes did not work with a large number of active fonts. [FS-5368]
- Fixed an issue where Adobe Photoshop would sometimes display a “layout change required” warning for automatically activated fonts. [FS-5370]
- Fixed an issue where the font cache for recent versions of Adobe Photoshop CC was not being cleaned. [FS-5371]
- Fixed an issue where dragging fonts from the Finder to the Fonts panel in macOS 10.12 or 10.13 did not add the fonts to the library. [FS-5377]
- Fixed an issue where the Plug-in manager could not locate non-standard installations of Adobe CC2018 applications. [FS-5382]
(released 6 Nov 2017)
- Enhancement: We added the ability to select all the fonts in a family by clicking the family name in the Fonts panel.
- Enhancement: We added activation icons to the font family header, so you can activate or deactivate an entire family with one click.
- Enhancement: We added the ability to locate fonts that were added “in place”. Right-click on the font in the Fonts panel and choose “Reveal in Finder” or “Reveal in Explorer” from the shortcut menu.
- Enhancement: You can scroll the Libraries panel or the Fonts panel by typing a letter on the keyboard. Select a library or set in the Libraries panel, or a font in the Fonts panel, then type a letter; the panel will scroll to reveal the first entry that starts with the typed letter.
- Enhancement: We added a link on the Help menu that will take you to the Suitcase Fusion 8 Knowledge Base.
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where creating a new library or set sometimes did not leave the new name in editing mode. [FS-4869]
- Fixed an issue with TeamSync where a new user could not be created if their first name has a space. [FS-4902]
- Fixed an issue where finding duplicates wasn’t working correctly when the search scope was restricted to something other than “All Libraries.” [FS-5159]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where changing the selection when the Info panel is open would cause the selection to flicker.
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where pressing Command+F to initiate an Advanced Find would fail immediately after logging in. [FS-5343]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the Library panel could not be resized on macOS. [FS-5344]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where toolbar changes were not retained after quitting Suitcase Fusion 8. [FS-5353]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where pressing Command+F with an empty library selected would cause Suitcase Fusion to crash on macOS High Sierra. [FS-5354]
- Fixed an issue where Suitcase Fusion could display an error code while creating a Font Vault archive, even though there was no error condition. [FS-5355]
(released 18 October 2017)
- Completely redesigned user interface
Easier to find what you need and get back to work
- Font details revealed
Access font attributes easily
- Examine fonts at the glyph level quickly
- Integrated with the latest design applications from Adobe and Quark
- QuickMatch is integrated into the main view
- Detailed font language support revealed
- Improved performance and stability
- Support for macOS High Sierra and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update