Extensis Reveals New Brand Identity as 20th Anniversary Nears
PORTLAND, Ore., April 24, 2012—After nearly twenty years in the industry, Extensis® today unveiled a fresh, new company identity. The branding was launched via the company’s renovated website at cde.extensis.com.
The new brand is the result of an extensive campaign to understand the perceptions that both customers and employees have of Extensis. It became clear that the previous branding no longer reflected Extensis’ cutting edge technology and unequivocal commitment to its customers.
Extensis created new guidelines for the brand, representing itself as company that:
- Is passionate about typography
- Is open and approachable
- Respects design tradition while progressing forward
- Takes work and customers, but not itself, seriously
Extensis published a series of blog posts sharing the development process of the rebranding, including lessons learned and insights for success.
The series includes:
- “When is it Time for a Rebrand”: Amanda Paull, VP of Marketing, discusses the obvious catalysts for a rebrand such as company acquisition and technology advancements, and the less obvious, organic catalysts, such as “one day you wake up and realize that the overarching brand in your head is not the one the outside world is experiencing”.
- “Diving into the Icy Cold Waters of a Brand Refresh”: Paull reveals the process for Extensis’ rebranding, including questions the company posed internally and externally, and how the information gained was applied to the brand and visual identity.
- “Getting the Gang on Board”: In perhaps the most critical piece to a brand refresh, Paull explains how Extensis engaged its employees in the process to build a positive relationship with the new brand.
- “Typographic Decisions”: Resident typography expert Thomas Phinney discusses how the company created its new company logo, and how it upholds the brand mission.
“A brand refresh is a daunting proposition. In my mind, the only logical approach was ‘full disclosure’. Our customers are in the creative field and go through this process all the time for themselves and for their clients. They have questions, opinions and insights. By involving customers and industry partners up front, we gained valuable feedback that helped guide our decisions throughout,” said Paull. “We hope our customers enjoy the fresh approach and hope that seeing ‘the sausage being made’ will inspire others who need to take the leap.”
Extensis® is a leading developer of software and services for creative professionals and workgroups. Their solutions streamline workflows, securely manage digital assets and fonts, and control corporate typographic branding. Used by hundreds of Fortune 5000 companies, Extensis’ award-winning server, desktop, and web service products include: Portfolio Server® for digital asset management, Universal Type Server® for server-based font management, Suitcase Fusion™ for single-user font management, and the WebINK® web font rental service. Founded in 1993, Extensis is based in Portland, Oregon, and the United Kingdom. For additional information, visit cde.extensis.com
© Celartem, Inc. d.b.a. Extensis All rights reserved. EXTENSIS, WebINK, and Suitcase Fusion are trademarks or registered trademarks of Extensis in the United States of America, Canada, the European Union and/or other countries. This list of trademarks is not exhaustive. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Extensis or other respective owners.
Extensis Product Marketing Manager
503-274-2020 ext 163