Extensis Releases Universal Type Server 6; Font Server Now Compatible with Adobe After Effects, Apple OS X El Capitan, Microsoft Windows 10 and Adobe Creative Cloud 2015
PORTLAND, Ore. — December 15, 2015 —Extensis® announced today the immediate availability of Universal Type Server® 6, the latest version of the professional-grade font management server which helps organizations organize, sync, and distribute their font libraries. Universal Type Server 6 integrates with the most popular design applications and platforms in the market. This includes the recent release of Apple® OS X El Capitan, Adobe® Creative Cloud® 2015, Microsoft® Windows 10 and the industry’s first font manager to offer a plug-in for Adobe After Effects®
“Universal Type Server 6 is built to make font management and font compliance simple, for both IT administrators and creative teams,” said Chris Meyer, Sr. Product Owner for Font Management at Extensis. “New and enhanced reporting features provide unprecedented insight into any organization’s font usage, allowing more intelligent font licensing with the potential for significant cost savings.”
Highlights in Universal Type Server 6 include:
- New Font Tracking & Analysis: New and enhanced diagnostic reports provide detailed insights into font usage so companies can get a clear picture of which fonts are being used, by whom, and where there may be an excess of paid licenses. The reports also expose if unlicensed fonts are inadvertently being used so legal issues can be prevented. Reports can be viewed directly on an iPad® or Tablet, so data is available on the go.
- Drillable & Exportable Reports: Universal Type Server’s diagnostic reports are presented in a clear, easy way and can be exported for further analysis or integration into other reports. Additionally, reports are drillable, offering deeper insights through real-time examination of the data.
- First plug-in for Adobe After Effects: With creative users delving into projects of all types, those that include motion graphics are increasingly common. Universal Type Server’s new plug-in ensures that there’s never a missing font in Adobe After Effects projects. The plug-in utilizes FontSense™, an innovative font identification technology that ensures a smooth workflow by verifying correct font activation.
- Modern OS Support: Universal Type Server supports the industry’s latest operating systems, including Apple OS X El Capitan and Microsoft Windows 10.
- Optimized for Adobe Creative Cloud 2015: Optimized for direct integration of font management into Adobe Photoshop®, InDesign®, Illustrator®, InCopy® and After Effects to manage fonts in professional design workflows.
To learn more about all the features in Universal Type Server 6, click here.
Free 30-Day Demo
To test a fully-functional, free 30-day demo, click here.
Pricing & Availability
Universal Type Server 6 is available immediately in three versions: Lite, Professional and Enterprise. Upgrades from Universal Type Server 5 to Universal Type Server 6, including client upgrades, will be available free-of-charge to existing Universal Type Server Professional and Enterprise customers under a current annual service agreement (ASA). Universal Type Server Lite has an estimated retail price from US $1395, with an upgrade price from $698 US.
Pricing for Professional and Enterprise editions is available from Extensis corporate sales.
Universal Type Server is available in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
Celebrating more than two decades in business, Extensis® is a leading developer of software and services for creative professionals and workgroups. Their solutions streamline workflows, securely manage digital assets and fonts, and control corporate typographic branding. Used by hundreds of Fortune 5000 companies, Extensis’ award-winning server and desktop products include: Extensis Portfolio™ for digital asset management, Universal Type Server® for server-based font management, and Suitcase Fusion® for single-user font management. Founded in 1993, Extensis is based in Portland, Oregon, and the United Kingdom. For additional information, visit https://www.extensis.com
© Celartem, Inc. d.b.a. Extensis All rights reserved. Extensis and the Extensis logo mark, Suitcase Fusion, Fontspiration, Portfolio, Portfolio NetPublish, Portfolio Flow and Universal Type Server are trademarks or registered trademarks of Extensis in the United States of America, Canada, the European Union and/or other countries. This list of trademarks is not exhaustive. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Extensis or other respective owners.
Apple and iPad are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Microsoft is a registered trademark Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Adobe, After Effects, Creative Cloud, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.