Extensis Releases New Modular Digital Asset Management System
PORTLAND, Ore. — October 2, 2014 —Extensis® today announced the immediate availability of Extensis Portfolio™, a modular digital asset management (DAM) system that transforms the user experience and makes DAM affordable for companies of all sizes. With suggested, guided search capabilities, millisecond results, a sleek new user interface and elegant thumbnail views, Portfolio makes DAM intuitive and engaging for the everyday user.
Portfolio’s elegant end user experience is matched by powerful administrative functionality. Requiring little to no IT support, Portfolio holds millions of assets in one catalog or several, allowing the solution to be used by multiple departments. Companies can choose what they’ll use with Portfolio’s modular platform, offering options for mobile DAM, single sign-on, dynamic web portals and more. Additionally, Portfolio’s new RESTful API provides ease when integrating with other third-party business applications such as eCommerce Systems, Collection Management Systems, and Web Content ManagementSystems.
Maxwell Mabe, Product Manager, Digital Asset Management Solutions notes: “This is the most significant update to Portfolio since its inception, addressing core DAM functionality with an emphasis on workflow and user experience.”
- Refined User Interface: Portfolio presents a new and updated look and feel. Asset focused views show both orientation and key metadata, presenting a rich and dynamic layout.
- 2000% Increase in Capacity: 10 million assets? No problem. Portfolio holds millions of assets in one catalog or several. Administrators can also create read-only archives for legacy assets or silo restricted assets away.
- Suggested, Guided Search: Searching in Portfolio is intuitive. Users simply enter a few search characters and Portfolio automatically shows a listing of matching assets, aiding greatly in discovery and ease of use.
- Millisecond Search Results: Whether a company’s catalog holds a few thousand assets or 10 million, searching yields results in milliseconds using ElasticSearch® technology.
- 500% Faster Cataloging: Portfolio catalogs thousands of assets per minute. Automatic cataloging watches locations users have designated and automatically catalogs, extracts and adds metadata for all found assets throughout their lifetime.
- Managed Upload: Portfolio allows administrators to define which key pieces of metadata must be entered by a user before assets can be uploaded, giving assets increased value.
- On-Premise or the Cloud: Companies can choose where to host their Portfolio solution, whether on-premise or in the cloud using Amazon Web Service™ (AWS), Google® or Microsoft® Azure™.
New Add-On Options:
- Portfolio Flow® for Mobile – With the Portfolio Flow mobile app for iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, and Android™ 4.x+, users can quickly and easily upload photos, videos and audio recordings with metadata while working remotely. Using a mobile device, a user selects, tags and uploads assets directly to Portfolio, making centralizing assets a snap.
- Portfolio NetPublish® – Collaborating and sharing with internal and external teams is a simple process with Portfolio NetPublish. Assets and metadata can be published to a dynamic site that can be accessed via browser, smart phone or tablet.
- Single Sign-On – Portfolio integrates with a company’s LDAP server and reduces the need for users to enter a username and password after they’ve logged into their computer. This reduces password fatigue and lowers IT interaction and cost.
- Portfolio Media Engine – Portfolio Media Engine brings substantially enhanced power and performance, coupled with extended file format and video conversion.
For a complete list of features and additional information on Portfolio, visit www.extensis.com/portfolio.
See the Product in Action
For an online demo, click here
Pricing and Availability
Portfolio is available immediately and starts at an estimated retail price of $2,199US. Competitive upgrades are available for a variety of products.
Existing Portfolio users with a current annual service agreement (ASA) will receive product upgrades free of charge, and upgrade pricing is also available for existing Portfolio customers.
Portfolio is immediately available in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Japanese.
About Extensis’ DAM Solution: Portfolio
With the explosion of digital assets and media over the past decade, companies across the globe are facing an increasing issue with how to keep them organized, accessible and everyone using the right versions. Inefficiencies are growing, with companies losing time and money trying to locate files. Portfolio ensures users have immediate access to the correct files in the desired format in a central location. It is the only digital asset management solution that is affordable, simple to use, can be setup within a day, and provides everything organizations need to get started right out of the box. As a standards-based platform that works with other systems and existing workflows, Portfolio provides a single place to for teams to locate important files with consistent metadata information using a web browser or Mac and Windows desktop applications. Portfolio is ideal for anyone with large collections of images, videos, and marketing collateral.
Celebrating more than two decades in business, Extensis® is a leading developer of software and services for creative professionals and workgroups. Their solutions streamline workflows, securely manage digital assets and fonts, and control corporate typographic branding. Used by hundreds of Fortune 5000 companies, Extensis’ award-winning server and desktop products include: Portfolio® for digital asset management, Universal Type Server® for server-based font management, and Suitcase Fusion® for single-user font management. Founded in 1993, Extensis is based in Portland, Oregon, and the United Kingdom. For additional information, visit https://www.extensis.com
© Celartem, Inc. d.b.a. Extensis All rights reserved. Extensis and the Extensis logo mark, Suitcase Fusion, Portfolio Server, Portfolio NetPublish, Portfolio Flow and Universal Type Server are trademarks or registered trademarks of Extensis in the United States of America, Canada, the European Union and/or other countries. This list of trademarks is not exhaustive. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Extensis or other respective owners.
ElasticSearch is a trademark of ElasticSearch BV, registered in the U.S. and in other countries.
Amazon Web Services are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Google is a registered trademark of Google Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Microsoft Azure is a trademark of the Microsoft group of companies
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.