|Portland, Ore. — September 09, 2003 — Extensis today released Suitcase X1, a commanding new version of its popular font management tool. Suitcase X1 delivers professional-level functionality to graphic designers, prepress and printing professionals, including any user that demands an efficient solution for managing, previewing and activating fonts in Mac OS X.
In an environment where volumes of fonts are considered a competitive advantage, creative professionals are learning that thousands of fonts can not only slow down their systems, but also impact workflow by inhibiting the ability to quickly locate and activate the necessary font for different projects. Suitcase X1 provides users an easy and visual way to locate and activate the font they need when they need it.
“Extensis has raised the bar with the release of Suitcase X1,” said Michael Wong, Suitcase product manager for Extensis. “We have super-charged Suitcase with the needs of professional users in mind. The enhancements to Suitcase’s font previews and the ability to manage system fonts are examples of how we are making it easier for our users to work faster than ever before.”
Suitcase X1 Key Features:
- Preview Pane — Suitcase X1 has the ability to preview fonts before activating them. By entering custom text in the Preview Pane, users can examine multiple fonts at the same time. Users can now activate fonts directly from this pane, allowing them to choose the correct font in a visual environment.
- Keyword & Styles — Users can add keywords and styles to easily organize and locate fonts for later use. Suitcase X1 has an extensive list of built-in font styles and it also allows users to add their own custom styles and keywords. Adding keywords to fonts help users distinguish fonts for different projects, clients or descriptions.
- Find & QuickFind — Suitcase X1’s new QuickFind feature rapidly locates a font based on its name, style or keyword. An additional Find command will locate a font based on more specific criteria such as font foundry and font technology.
- Built-In Corrupt Font Detection and Repair — Through an exclusive, long-term licensing agreement with FontDoctor, Suitcase X1 scans for corrupt fonts and will attempt to repair the font if possible.
- Duplicate Font Management — With efficient duplicate font management capabilities, users can view all duplicate fonts in one window, where they can elect to remove fonts from Suitcase or delete them from their computer.
- Auto-Activation Support for QuarkXPress 6 — In addition to auto-activation plug-ins for Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator, Suitcase X1 includes a free QuarkXpress XTension that automatically activates any fonts required by QuarkXPress 6 documents including fonts embedded in EPS images. Suitcase X1 now supports QuarkXPress 4, 5 and 6.
- Manage System Fonts — Suitcase X1 provides an easy and elegant way to manage System Fonts in Mac OS X.
About Suitcase X1
Suitcase X1 is the professional-level font management solution for Mac OS X. With unmatched font preview options, auto-activation, corrupt font detection and repair, duplicate font management and more, Suitcase is an integral part of the creative professional workflow and a must-have application for serious font users. For additional information on Extensis Suitcase X1, visit: http://cde.extensis.com/suitcase.
Pricing and Availability
The English version of Suitcase X1 is available now by download from the Extensis website at http://cde.extensis.com/downloads. Suitcase X1’s estimated street price is $129.95 for full product. In addition, upgrades to Suitcase X1 are available for an estimated street price of $49.95 from previous versions of Suitcase and $59.95 from any version of FontReserve.
French, German and Japanese versions of Suitcase X1 will be available by the end of 2003. System Requirements
Suitcase X1 will support Mac OS X (v 10.2.6 or higher) and requires a Macintosh PowerPC or equivalent, 30 MB of hard disk space and 128 MB of System RAM.
|About Extensis, Inc.
Extensis Inc., a Celartem company, is a leading publisher of software and tools that extend the capabilities of creative professionals. Extensis’ award winning and industry standard products include: Suitcase for font management, Portfolio for asset management, PrintReady for preflight and file delivery, plug-in enhancements for Photoshop (Mask Pro, Intellihance, PhotoTools, PhotoFrame), and productivity enhancements for QuarkXPress (QX-Tools, QX-Effects) Extensis was founded in 1993, by creative professionals for creative professionals, and is based in Portland, Oregon and the United Kingdom. Extensis is a wholly owned subsidiary of Celartem Technology USA Inc., which is wholly owned by Celartem Technology Inc., (Hercules: 4330). For additional information, please visit our website at http://cde.extensis.comor call 1-800-796-9798.
Celartem Technology Inc. was established in 1996 to conduct research and development into storage and distribution technologies for digital images. It has developed, and sells VFZ technology, which allows digital images to be stored and distributed without any loss in resolution; and the Protected Archive Distribution Server that allows digital images to be distributed over networks in a secure manner at original resolution. On December 11, 2001, Celartem was listed on the Osaka Securities Exchange, Hercules Market (Hercules:4330). Please visit http://www.celartem.com for more information.