Extensis and your privacy
Updated as of: June 2, 2016.
Extensis respects your privacy as a visitor to our website(s) and use of Extensis resources. Our websites consist of websites produced and maintained by Extensis and/or an Extensis service provider, including but not limited to www.extensis.com (collectively the “Website(s)”). Through the Website(s), you may access and use Extensis resources including but not limited to Extensis online services, forums, blogs, chat rooms, support site, product and services information, stores, knowledge base articles, accounts, and channel partner and affiliate programs (collectively the “Extensis Resources”). The Website(s) and Extensis Resources are collectively referred to herein as the “Services”.
1. Information We Collect.
2. How We Use Information. We use the information we collect for a variety of business purposes, such as: (a) to respond to any questions and requests you may have; (b) to provide you with access to certain products and services, including those of our affiliates and partners; (c) to verify your identity; (d) to process transactions; (e) to communicate with you about your account and activities on the Services; (f) to provide you with newsletters, updates, special offers and advertisements; and (g) for any purposes which may have been disclosed to you at the time you provided your Personal Information to us. We may also use information we collect to test, enhance and improve the Services, our products, and product related service offerings.
3. When We Disclose or Share Information. Except as described below, we will not provide your Personal Information to any third parties without your consent. We may share non-Personal Information such as de-identified aggregate data and Usage Information with third parties. We may also share your information as disclosed to you at the time you provide your information.
5. How We Will Protect Your Personal Information. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your Personal Information, including the implementation and maintenance of organizational, technical and administrative procedures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access, disclosure or destruction. Users of the Services must also do their part in protecting the data, systems, networks and service they are utilizing. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you use the Services and provide us with your information at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your Personal Information is no longer secure (for example, your Extensis account password may have been compromised), please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Your Choices On How We Use Your Information.
7. Use of Services by Minors. We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of the United States and similar laws around the world where applicable to our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children without proper parental consent. If you believe that we may have collected personal information from someone under the age of thirteen (13), or under the applicable age of consent in your country, without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com and we will promptly address this issue.
We are committed to complying with applicable U.S and E.U. laws regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. We are aware of the current discussions and negotiations regarding the transfer of personal data from the EU/EEA to a non-EU/EEA country, such as the U.S, and will continue to monitor the situation and update our policies as needed.