Universal Type Server 2.1 released today
Today we released an update to our server-based font management solution, Universal Type Server.
This update includes:
- Deeper font compliance management: administrator can see who added which font to which workgroup and reverse those actions.
- Active Directory flexibility: administrator can now exclude individual users from distribution group mappings.
- Enhanced user management allows easier batch application of settings and refined filtering of users.
- Simplified network password perfect for smaller teams (using optional LDAP bind authentication).
- Mac OS X v 10.6 (Snow Leopard) compatibility for client and server.
- Windows 7 compatibility for Universal Type Client.
- TrueType Collection font support.
- Improved font corruption screening.
- New command line scripting tool for automation and integration.
- New optional MySQL external database module (chargeable add-on component for Universal Type Server Professional only).
- Directory integration with Active Directory and Open Directory is now a standard feature of Universal Type Server Professional.
- Improved overall performance of client synchronization and working with font sets.
If you have a current annual service agreement (ASA) for server-based font management, this update is provided at no cost. If you do not have a current ASA, please contact your corporate sales representative for upgrade or purchase pricing.