Food Cart Font-Off Contest
One sunny summer afternoon, a group of hungry type enthusiasts at Extensis set out to survey cart pods across our home city of Portland, Oregon. We wondered, how does the P-town food truck scene reflect in their signage and typography? The PDX Food Cart Font-Off was born.
We Challenge You to Show Us Your City’s Best with the Food Cart Font-Off Contest
It’s time to represent your neck of the woods—with prizes up for grabs. The food cart and truck culture is big in places like Austin, Boston, LA and NY—now it’s your turn to show off the best cart typography your turf has to offer.
To enter, submit a photo of the best food cart typography in your city—then rally votes. Two winners (clinched by most votes, and our top favorite) will receive an awesome foodie prize pack. Enter to win one of two fabulous goodie boxes. Check out the sweet prizes shown below.
Foodie Prize Packs (2) include:
- Oversized Pretzel Pool Float—Tasty, twisty fun
- Sriracha Water Bottle
- Hedgehog Toothpick Holder—for serving cocktails or hors d’oeuvres
- Retro Pop-Up Hot Dog Toaster (awesome grill marks included)
- Ninjabread Men Cookie Cutters (3 different warriors)
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Best Friend Rings (share with your bestie)
- Stainless Steel Bicycle Handlebar Cup Holder
- Sunnyside Egg Shaper—The forecast for breakfast is yolky with some light cloud cover
- Presto PopLite Hot Air Popcorn Popper (#1 best seller)
Extra credit for elegant use of fonts generally despised by graphic designers (Papyrus, Comic Sans, Hobo, Curlz). We’re not saying it’s even possible, but…WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! We just gave you a reason to eat and browse for the best fonts you can find.