Extensis Portfolio Server 9 Now Available!
We are proud to announce the immediate availability of Portfolio Server™ 9, our powerful digital asset management solution.
As I’m sure that you can tell, we’ve been very busy of late! The Portfolio Server 9 release comes close on the heels of our recent release of Universal Type Server 2.
This version of Portfolio Server includes a slew of new features and many enhancements. The most prominent new feature is the entirely new Portfolio Web Client. This new feature allows you to catalog, search, edit, batch convert, automate tasks and manage assets from anywhere, anytime.
Highlights of Portfolio Server 9 include:
- A New Adobe® FLEX Web Client that serves as a powerful dashboard for creative workflows.
- All-new Java-based server architecture for outstanding stability and easy integration.
- Scalable MediaRich® media processing engine for extensive file format support and fast media delivery.
- Web-based server administration for remote management of server and users.
- Industry-standard Adobe® XMP® Toolkit integration for reading and writing metadata, allowing data to be accessible across applications.
- Best-in-class integration with Adobe® creative applications with drag-n-drop functionality through Portfolio Express palette.
- Support for Windows® Server 2008 and Microsoft® SQL Server®
“Portfolio Server is very reliable and straightforward to install and administer,” said Colin White, Head of Photography at the National Gallery of London. “With the Portfolio suite of products, we’ve created branded web portals that allow us to distribute a wide range of digital content extensively within the Gallery.”
Portfolio Server 9 is easy to implement and provides a new web-based administration console to manage the server, catalogs and users remotely. In addition, the new server offers greater scalability, enhanced performance and extensible media processing architecture. Under the hood, Portfolio Server utilizes a new powerful media-processing engine from Equilibrium®. The MediaRich® Server offers a new metadata architecture, resulting in extensive file format support and allowing users to catalog and thumbnail virtually any file.
“In Portfolio Server 9 we have enhanced our metadata support, by leveraging the Adobe XMP Toolkit,” says Martin Stein, Vice President of Products and Services at Extensis. “This is an important capability, as it ensures the highest level of compatibility and gives the user the assurance that the information they enter in Portfolio will be transferred to and be readily available within other applications and vice versa.”
Portfolio Server continues to offer an open system built on industry-leading technologies such as Java™ J2EE™, Adobe® FLEX®, JBoss and OpenOffice.org. For end users, this translates into superior usability and unique integration with their existing workflow. For IT administrators, it delivers power and efficiency. In addition, the optional SQL Connect module, coupled with our industry-standards database, provides greater scalability, enhanced performance and superior integration.