“Suitcase Fusion Client encountered an unexpected error. 83914764″
This article describes what to do if you get an error message stating: “Suitcase Fusion Client encountered an unexpected error. 83914764″. This error message means that the Suitcase database or font vault has become damaged.
- Export your sets
- You can export your font sets by dragging and dropping them to your desktop. Suitcase Fusion will create a folder named “Collected Fonts” with the fonts organized into folders for each set
- In Suitcase Fusion, select ‘Preferences’ from the Suitcase Fusion menu, click on the ‘Type Core’ tab, then click on the “New” button. You’ll be asked to name the new vault and save it. Suitcase may ask you to restart after doing so
- Drag and drop your exported font sets into the the Font Library (upper left pane)
- Add any remaining fonts as needed
Back up your Suitcase Fusion font vault periodically. Here’s how:
- In Suitcase Fusion, select ‘Preferences’ from the Suitcase Fusion menu, and click on the ‘Type Core’ tab
- Make a note of the Font Vault Location at the bottom of this pane
- Click on the ‘Stop FM Core’ button
- Copy the Suitcase Fusion.fontvault from the location listed in step 2) to a safe place
Related KB Articles:
- How do I move a font vault from one computer to another? (MacOS X)
- Alert: Could not open the Font Vault at the location “Users/Username/Library/Extensis/Suitcase Fusion/Suitcase Fusion.fontvault”
- How do I back up my Font Vault?
- How to migrate from Suitcase Fusion to Suitcase Fusion 3
- How to copy a Suitcase Fusion 3 font vault to another computer for a mirrored setup
- “Import Suitcase Fusion Database” is unavailable in Suitcase Fusion 2 or Suitcase Fusion 3 menu
- How do I upgrade from Suitcase for Windows 11 to Suitcase Fusion 3 and migrate to a new computer?
- Suitcase X1 to Suitcase Fusion 3 Migration