How to set up UTS to connect to a SQL Server named instance
This article explains how to connect UTS to a named instance of SQL Server.
The steps below describe how to set up UTS to connect to named instance of SQL Server.
Note: For general UTS to SQL Server configuration info, please see this article.
- Log into UTS Administration
- Click on ‘Datastore’ in the left column
- Enter the credentials to connect UTS to a SQL Server instance:
- Change the ‘Database Type’ to ‘SQL Server’
- Enter the SQL Server’s IP address into ‘Server Address’
- Enter the named SQL instance’s port number into the ‘Port’ field
- Enter the name of the database created in Step 1 above
- For the ‘Username:’ and ‘Password:’ enter the dbo user and corresponding password from Step 2 above
- Click on the ‘New Datastore’ button. You will be asked to confirm that you want to make this change. Once you do, UTS will attempt to establish a connection with your SQL server
Related KB Articles:
- How do I use a named instance in MS SQL Server with Portfolio Server Enterprise?
- How to connect Portfolio Server to MS SQL
- How to rename a SQL Server catalog
- How to connect UTS to MS SQL
- Active Directory Authentication Fails After Upgrading to Portfolio Server 10.2
- How to transfer your data to an external database in UTS
- How to install and configure MySQL on Windows for UTS
- How do I serialize Universal Type Server?