Could not start FMCore
This article describes common troubleshooting steps if the Universal Type Core for Universal Type Client or the Core for Suitcase Fusion for Mac OS X will not start.
Reset the FMCore process
In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter “~/.Extensis” (without the quotes) into the “Go to the folder” field and click the “Go” button.
- Drag the FMCore folder to the Trash.
- Launch Suitcase Fusion or UTC.
Restore the default configuration
- In the Finder, go to /Users/username/Library/Preferences/. Users of Mac OS X 10.7 and later can get to their Library folder by holding the Option key down and choosing Go > Library
- Delete the following files if they exist:
- Launch Suitcase Fusion or UTC
Create a new font vault in Suitcase Fusion
- In the Finder, go to /Users/username/Library/Extensis/Suitcase Fusion/. Users of Mac OS X 10.7 and later can get to their Library folder by holding the Option key down and choosing Go > Library
- Move Suitcase Fusion.fontvault to the desktop
- Launch Suitcase Fusion
Clear the client datastore in UTC
- Go to /Library/Extensis/UTC/
- Select all of the folders inside of the UTC folder and move them to the desktop
- Launch UTC
If you still cannot get the type core to start, contact Extensis Technical Support.
Related KB Articles:
- Adobe applications hang or crash on launch after installing Suitcase Fusion 17.2 on Windows
- How to add an XMP Metadata Definition which uses a custom XMP Namespace to Portfolio
- How to add an XMP Metadata Definition using the standard XMP Namespace to Portfolio
- Unexpected Runtime Exception after upgrading to UTS 5.2 (Mac)
- Font auto-activation does not work in QuarkXPress 2015 (Mac)
- When opening a Photoshop CC file, some fonts are not auto-activated correctly
- Adobe Illustrator CC wants me to save my file even though I didn’t make any changes
- “Unable to save to this location” error when attempting to download files from Portfolio Web