Could not start FMCore
This article describes common troubleshooting steps if the Universal Type Core for Universal Type Client or the Core for Suitcase Fusion for Mac OS X will not start.
Reset the FMCore process
In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter “~/.Extensis” (without the quotes) into the “Go to the folder” field and click the “Go” button.
- Drag the FMCore folder to the Trash.
- Launch Suitcase Fusion or UTC.
Restore the default configuration
- In the Finder, go to /Users/username/Library/Preferences/. Users of Mac OS X 10.7 and later can get to their Library folder by holding the Option key down and choosing Go > Library
- Delete the following files if they exist:
- Launch Suitcase Fusion or UTC
Create a new font vault in Suitcase Fusion
- In the Finder, go to /Users/username/Library/Extensis/Suitcase Fusion/. Users of Mac OS X 10.7 and later can get to their Library folder by holding the Option key down and choosing Go > Library
- Move Suitcase Fusion.fontvault to the desktop
- Launch Suitcase Fusion
Clear the client datastore in UTC
- Go to /Library/Extensis/UTC/
- Select all of the folders inside of the UTC folder and move them to the desktop
- Launch UTC
If you still cannot get the type core to start, contact Extensis Technical Support.
Related KB Articles:
- Why do I have two FontDoctor serial numbers?
- How do I create a login so I can use Suitcase Attaché?
- How can I add fonts to Suitcase Attaché?
- What versions of Microsoft Office is Suitcase Attaché compatible with?
- Do I have to pay for Suitcase Attaché if I own Suitcase Fusion 6?
- Can I get Suitcase Attaché for Mac OS X?
- Suitcase Attaché is not displaying fonts after I add them to a folder
- What types of fonts are supported in Suitcase Attaché?