Could not start FMCore
This article describes common troubleshooting steps if the Universal Type Core for Universal Type Client or the Core for Suitcase Fusion for Mac OS X will not start.
Reset the FMCore process
In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter “~/.Extensis” (without the quotes) into the “Go to the folder” field and click the “Go” button.
- Drag the FMCore folder to the Trash.
- Launch Suitcase Fusion or UTC.
Restore the default configuration
- In the Finder, go to /Users/username/Library/Preferences/. Users of Mac OS X 10.7 and later can get to their Library folder by holding the Option key down and choosing Go > Library
- Delete the following files if they exist:
- Launch Suitcase Fusion or UTC
Create a new font vault in Suitcase Fusion
- In the Finder, go to /Users/username/Library/Extensis/Suitcase Fusion/. Users of Mac OS X 10.7 and later can get to their Library folder by holding the Option key down and choosing Go > Library
- Move Suitcase Fusion.fontvault to the desktop
- Launch Suitcase Fusion
Clear the client datastore in UTC
- Go to /Library/Extensis/UTC/
- Select all of the folders inside of the UTC folder and move them to the desktop
- Launch UTC
If you still cannot get the type core to start, contact Extensis Technical Support.
Related KB Articles:
- Can Portfolio be installed on a non-boot volume?
- Does Extensis provide auto-activation plugin support for Adobe Creative Cloud 2015?
- Portfolio won’t add new files to any Catalogs
- Error “The operating system is not suitable for running Universal Type Server 5.0″ When Installing UTS on Windows
- Font Display Issues in Safari and Google Chrome while using Extensis Font Management
- Suitcase Fusion 6 recommendations for Windows 8
- How to Upgrade to Suitcase Fusion 6
- Unable to Type Into Portfolio Login Dialog in Firefox (Mac)