“Suitcase Fusion has detected an incompatible version of FMCore. Suitcase Fusion can not continue.”
When launching Suitcase Fusion, this error message is displayed.
- In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter “~/.Extensis” (without the quotes) into the “Go to the folder” field and click the “Go” button.
- Drag the FMCore folder to the Trash.
- Launch Suitcase Fusion.
If you still receive the same error message, see Could not start FMCore.
Related KB Articles:
- I get a “Unable to start the Universal Type Core” error when I try to launch Universal Type Client on Mac OS X
- I get an error when opening Suitcase Fusion 5 for Windows: “There has been a serious error detected with your Suitcase Fusion fontvault”
- Suitcase Fusion will not open and there is no error message in Mac OS X
- How do I move a Suitcase Fusion font vault from one computer to another on Mac OS X?
- Restore a Suitcase Fusion 3 font vault from a backup
- Backing up the Suitcase Fusion 3 font vault
- Troubleshooting OS Activation errors in Mac OS X
- Suitcase Fusion on Mac OS X fails to launch with the error “Could not open the Font Vault at the location: Users/username/Library/Extensis/Suitcase Fusion/Suitcase Fusion.fontvault”