“Suitcase Fusion has detected an incompatible version of FMCore. Suitcase Fusion can not continue.”
When launching Suitcase Fusion, this error message is displayed.
- In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter “~/.Extensis” (without the quotes) into the “Go to the folder” field and click the “Go” button.
- Drag the FMCore folder to the Trash.
- Launch Suitcase Fusion.
If you still receive the same error message, see Could not start FMCore.
Related KB Articles:
- “Error Loading Plugins” in Adobe Illustrator CC with Suitcase Fusion 5 on Mac OS X 10.6
- Suitcase Fusion will not open and there is no error message in Mac OS X
- How do I move a Suitcase Fusion font vault from one computer to another? (Mac OS X)
- Restore a Suitcase Fusion 3 font vault from a backup
- Backing up the Suitcase Fusion 3 font vault
- Troubleshooting OS Activation errors in Mac OS X
- Suitcase Fusion fails to launch with the error “Could not open the Font Vault at the location: Users/UserName/Library/Extensis/Suitcase Fusion/Suitcase Fusion.fontvault” (Mac)
- When activating fonts on Mac OS X, I get “The font activation cannot complete due to an OS activation error”