“Suitcase Fusion has detected an incompatible version of FMCore. Suitcase Fusion can not continue.”
When launching Suitcase Fusion, this error message is displayed.
- In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter “~/.Extensis” (without the quotes) into the “Go to the folder” field and click the “Go” button.
- Drag the FMCore folder to the Trash.
- Launch Suitcase Fusion.
If you still receive the same error message, see Could not start FMCore.
Note: Our developers but a great deal of effort into addressing this issue in Suitcase Fusion 6. So far we have gotten very few reports of the issue in that version.
Related KB Articles:
- Could not start Universal Type Core (Mac)
- I get a “Unable to start the Universal Type Core” error when I try to launch Universal Type Client on Mac OS X
- I get an error when opening Suitcase Fusion 5 for Windows: “There has been a serious error detected with your Suitcase Fusion fontvault”
- Suitcase Fusion 5 for Mac OS X does not remember some settings
- “Error Loading Plugins” in Adobe Illustrator CC with Suitcase Fusion 5 on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Could not start FMCore
- Suitcase Fusion will not open and there is no error message in Mac OS X
- Photoshop CS4 hangs on launch on Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion)