The Photoshop® Web Font Plug-in lets you design with the same web fonts you will use to “go live.”
What’s in the Plug-in
- Google Font connection gives you access to 1100+ font families for use on the web.
- Currently installed Typekit desktop fonts easily accessible in Photoshop
- 30-day free trial of Suitcase Fusion 5
Getting the Web Font Plug-in
To install and use the Web Font Plug-in:
- Download and Install Suitcase Fusion 5 Mac OS X | Windows
- Launch Photoshop
- Choose Window > Extensions > Extensis to open the Extensis Font Panel.
- Launch Suitcase Fusion and choose File > Enable Google Fonts.
- Create or select any Text layer
- Click any font name to select the font for use in Photoshop
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get the plug-in?
The FREE web font plug-in is installed with the current version of Suitcase Fusion 5. To get the plug-in, download and install the trial version of Suitcase Fusion 5.
Is this really FREE?
Yes, this is really free. The web font plug-in allows you to use Google Fonts in the creation of website mock-ups in Photoshop.
What is Suitcase Fusion and why do I need it?
Suitcase Fusion is a professional font manager from Extensis. The Web Font Plug-in is a component of the software required to connect to the online web font libraries from Google Fonts.
Will the web font plug-in work even after the 30-day trial period of Suitcase Fusion 5?
Yes, the web font plug-in will still function after the 30-day trial of Suitcase Fusion expires.
I’ve created a great website mock-up, now what?
After selecting the right web fonts for the job, you’re ready to integrate them into your CSS.
For Google Fonts, click the Add to Collection button for each font, and then click the Use button to generate the CSS code for your site.
I’m a web designer. Why would I want a font manager like Suitcase Fusion?
Suitcase Fusion 5 manages your font needs throughout the design process – from desktop to web. Learn more about how Suitcase Fusion can help keep your creative workflow organized.
What versions of Photoshop are supported?
- Adobe Photoshop CS5
- Adobe Photoshop CS5.1
(ships with Adobe Creative Suite 5.5)
- Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Adobe Photoshop CC (version 14)
Can I use Google Web Fonts with any Photoshop file?
Google web fonts are open source and can be used in any file.