Universal Type Server 6 Type Client
Current version: Mac – 6.1.4, Windows – 6.1.4
- We added an auto-activation XTension for QuarkXPress 2017.
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 would crash when opening certain documents. [UTS-6893]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where adding a font using the Add Font menu item would fail if the system option “Hide file extensions” was enabled. [TS-2415]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where the Find Fonts dialog in Adobe Illustrator and InDesign CC 2015 and CC 2017 was suppressed when fonts were activated using the plug-in. [TS-2325]
- Fixed an issue where opening an Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 template (.ait) file would not alert you if this exceeded a font’s available licenses. [UTS-5781]
- Fixed an issue where closing an Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 template (.ait) file would not deactivate any automatically activated fonts. [UTS-5782]
- Fixed an issue where InDesign CC 2017 would repeatedly display a warning about fonts not being activated due to licensing restrictions. [UTS-5975]
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where InDesign CC 2017 would crash when closing a document. [UTS-6107]
- Added plug-in support for these Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 applications: After Effects, Illustrator, InCopy, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Updated the plug-ins for After Effects CC2015 and CC2017 to allow selecting a workgroup to activate fonts from.
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where launching Photoshop when Universal Type Client was not connected to a server resulted in a warning that could not be dismissed. [TS-2185]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where fonts were not auto-activated when creating a new project in Adobe After Effects. [TS-2290]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where Adobe After Effects would pause for a long period during launch. [TS-2294]
- Fixed an issue where clients who logged in using the same Active Directory credentials used to log in to their workstation received an error. [TS-2310]
- Addressed several conditions in Universal Type Client where replication or synchronization could result in an unresponsive client. [TS-1567, TS-1781]
NOTE: If you are experiencing these issues with Type Client version 5 or 6 connecting to Universal Type Server 6, please upgrade your client to version 6.1.1.
- Bug fixes.
- Added auto-activation plug-in and Extensis Font Panel support for Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop CC 2015 (Summer 2016).
- Added auto-activation plug-in support for Adobe InCopy and After Effects CC 2015 (Summer 2016) and QuarkXPress 2016.
- (Mac) Fixed an issue where QuarkXPress 2015 v11.2 would crash when quitting on OS X El Capitan. [TS-2079]
- (Windows) Fixed an issue where Photoshop became sluggish on certain 64-bit Windows systems when the auto-activation plug-in was enabled. [TS-2098]
- Fixed an issue where Adobe After Effects CC2015 would crash opening an After Effects CS5 or CS6 file with the auto-activation plug-in enabled. [TS-2105]
- Fixed an issue where the non-English version of the After Effects plug-in would substitute Myriad Pro for some fonts. [UTS-4620]
- Fixed an issue where auto-activation could fail in Photoshop CC 2015.1.2. [UTS-4674]
- Fixed an issue where the Extensis Font Panel would fail to load in Adobe CC 2014 and CC 2015 applications due to an expired security certificate. [UTS-4556]
- Feature: Auto-activation plug-in for Adobe After Effects CC 2015.
- (Win) On Windows 10, adding fonts using the File > Add Fonts menu does not work for some users. Instead, drag fonts from Windows Explorer to add them to a workgroup or set. [TS-2415]
- (Mac) Type 1 PostScript fonts do not auto-activate or display incorrectly in some applications on OS X 10.11 El Capitan. For details and a solution see the Knowledge Base Article PostScript Type 1 fonts in Universal Type Client do not display (Mac).
- (Mac) On OS X El Capitan, the auto-activation plug-in for Adobe After Effects is compatible with After Effects 13.6.1 and later. If you are running El Capitan, please update to the latest version of After Effects.
- (Win) OpenType symbol fonts are previewed as plain text on Windows, not as symbols. [TS954]
- (Mac) QuarkXPress will always ask you to save files when the auto-activation plug-in is enabled, even if the document has not been changed. [TS1278]
- (Mac) Adobe After Effects will crash if there are two auto-activation plug-ins installed. See the Knowledge Base article After Effects shows an error and crashes when using the Extensis font plugin for more information. [UTS-4219]
Installing Universal Type Client
To install Universal Type Client, double click the installer icon and allow the installer to guide you.
To use the Universal Type Client, you must connect to a Universal Type Server. To connect, you need the following information provided by your server administrator:
- Server Name or IP Address
- Server Port
- Account Name
Launch the client and enter the information above to connect.
Plug-ins: Supported Applications
NOTE: In June 2016, Adobe released significant upgrades to some Creative Cloud 2015 applications. To differentiate these upgraded applications from the original CC 2015 releases, they are listed here as “CC 2015.x”.
Universal Type Client includes Auto-Activation plug-in and Extensis Font Panel support for the following applications:
- Adobe Illustrator CS6, Creative Cloud, CC 2014, CC 2015, CC 2015.3, and CC 2017
- Adobe InDesign CS6, Creative Cloud, CC 2014, CC 2015, and CC 2017
- Adobe Photoshop CS6, Creative Cloud, CC 2014, CC 2015, CC 2015.5, and CC 2017
Universal Type Client includes Auto-Activation plug-in support for the following applications:
- Adobe InCopy CS6, Creative Cloud, CC 2014, CC 2015, and CC 2017
- Adobe After Effects CC 2015, CC 2015.3, and CC 2017
- QuarkXPress 10, 2015, and 2016