Portfolio Desktop Client 10 for Macintosh
Current version: 10.2.0
Portfolio Desktop Client 10.2 can only connect with Portfolio Server 10.2. If you need to connect to another version of Portfolio Server, install the Desktop Client appropriate to that version.
To install Portfolio, double click the installer icon and allow the installer to guide you.
What’s new in Portfolio Desktop Client
Portfolio Desktop Client 10.2
- Portfolio Desktop Client includes updates to allow cataloging and previewing many additional file formats, including professional video formats such as DMF (DivX), MXF (XDCAM & AVC-Intra), and MTS/M2TS/M2T (AVCHD & DNxHD).
- Enhanced support for Microsoft Office and PDF cataloging and metadata.
- Improved color management support with more accurate thumbnails and previews.
- Expanded file recognition means fewer unreadable items when cataloging.
- Overall stability improvements for cataloging and scanning AutoSync folders.
- This release also includes multiple bug fixes and interface improvements.
Portfolio Desktop Client 10.1
- Support for OS X 10.7 Lion
- Portfolio Desktop Client 10.1 now plays preview clips generated by Portfolio Server for video and audio files that it catalogs.
- Play original video and audio files in external media players, allowing playback of more file types.
Portfolio Desktop Client 10.0
Portfolio Desktop Client 10.0 has been updated to support new features of Portfolio Server 10.0, including:
- LDAP support allows Portfolio users to connect to catalogs using their network login credentials, and allows the Portfolio server administrator to grant catalog access based on LDAP group membership (Enterprise Solution Pack).
- Support for multi-threaded cataloging in Portfolio Server.
- Support for additional file formats and metadata.
- Additional improvements in Desktop Client manual cataloging speed.
Fixed in Portfolio Desktop Client 10.2
- Fixed an issue where items that were added via AutoSync to a catalog that has Index Document Text enabled could not be copied to another catalog without incorrectly displaying a generic error message. [ID 33179]
- Fixed an issue where Portfolio would embed a multi-value field into a document’s xap:namespace field as a single value. [ID 34999]
- Fixed an issue where printing a gallery of Raw images would use the thumbnails instead of the original items, resulting in low-resolution output. [ID 42526]
- Fixed an issue in the Effervescence NetPublish template where Details pages 2, 3, and 4 could not play videos. [ID 42791]
- Fixed an issue where the QuickFind Sort option was not retained in the Find Results gallery. [ID 42812]
- Fixed an issue where InDesign files without embedded previews would show as partially cataloged when cataloged via AutoSync. [ID 42944]
- Fixed an issue where importing a text file of item metadata did not allow the Path field to be set as the Key field. [ID 42956]
- Fixed an issue where manually updating an AutoSync file that has a custom preview would not update the item’s metadata. [ID 42967]
- Fixed an issue where the Desktop Client could not Batch Convert TIFF files that do not have an embedded U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) color profile. [ID 42973]
- Fixed an issue where canceling a Catalog operation where the option to Move original file was selected resulted in lost files. [ID 43108]
- Fixed an issue where the “multipage” icon was not displayed for .DOC files in a native Portfolio catalog. [ID 43309]
- Fixed an issue where the Desktop Client would always load the original when attempting to preview a multi-page PDF, Photoshop, or TIFF file. [ID 43419]
Fixed in Portfolio Desktop Client 10.1
- Fixed an issue where Batch Rename on items that include a high ASCII character in the name would rename the file in the Finder but not in the catalog. [ID 42094]
- Fixed an issue where the Mac Desktop Client could not correctly change the Directory Path using AppleScript. [ID 42239]
- Fixed an issue where converting a TIFF file to a JPG would not include XMP metadata. [ID 42345]
- Fixed an issue where using the Desktop Client to rename a file that was originally cataloged from the server’s AutoSync folder could result in a duplicated item in the catalog. [ID 42588]
Fixed in Portfolio Desktop Client 10.0
- Fixed an issue where attempting to burn a large gallery to CD/DVD would take a long time to present the “Burn” dialog. [ID 32763]
- Fixed an issue where QuarkXPress files were not having thumbnails or previews created. [ID 36236]
- Fixed an issue where keyword sorts were case sensitive (all keywords starting with uppercase letters appeared before keywords starting with lowercase letters). [ID 40471]
- Fixed an issue where TIFF images that include a color profile could not be converted to CMYK. [ID 40679]
- Fixed an issue where EXIF-GPS data was sometimes extracted incorrectly. [ID 40688, TS 981]
- Fixed an issue where cataloging a QuarkXPress 6.5 document that does not have a file extension would result in a black thumbnail and preview. [ID 41090]