Collection Management Systems work well for managing object information from a curatorial perspective but may not provide tools specifically designed for managing digital asset content.
Digital Asset Management Systems help museums, galleries, and cultural heritage organizations manage digital assets such as photographs of collection objects. By combining DAMS with CMS, can provide an efficient and comprehensive collection information solution.
Portfolio Server works with your CMS
Portfolio Server™ is a digital asset management system that helps organizations find, manage, and convert the digital assets associated with their collection objects. The system is quick to setup, easy to use, and provides the following features:
- Share collections data with Portfolio Server using simple text import and export tools or develop custom CMS integrations using the Portfolio API.
- Easily customize your Portfolio Server catalogs to track custom or CMS related information such as accession number, artist name, title, or other custom fields.
- Convert assets on-the-fly to other sizes and formats instead of creating and storing unnecessary duplicates.
- Enable self-service access to collections images for other departments.
- Stay on budget with special pricing for academic, non-profit, and government institutions.
National Trust for Scotland
See how the National Trust for Scotland uses Portfolio Server to preserve digital objects.
The Courtauld Institute of Art
Learn how The Courtauld Institute of Art preserves and publishes its prestigious collection using Portfolio Server.
Interested in connecting Portfolio Server with your CMS? Visit the developer portal for our Enterprise DAM Technology Whitepaper, API code reference, code samples, and developer community forums.