DAM Saves Time & Money for Clients
Industry: Advertising, Design & Marketing
Product Line: Digital Asset Management
Where they started…
Where they started…
Being the strategic communications partner to name brands such as Boeing, The Coca-Cola Company, Seattle’s Children and the MacArthur Foundation will produce a lot of rich media assets. Methodologie has learned this first hand as their offices have grown to store hundreds of thousands of assets over the years. These assets are a cornerstone for their business and are used daily to help create the award-winning interactive design, branding, and marketing collateral their clients count on.
When the economy began to falter, Methodologie knew strong measures needed to be taken to remain viable in this new climate. They saw the industry tightening up its purse strings and creative functions getting scaled back. To weather the storm, Methodologie knew it had to discover new competitive advantages. And they found one by rethinking how they managed their valuable stockpile of rich media.
What they did…
In a quest to get lean and mean, Methodologie went in search of a system that would:
- Automate how the firm organized and managed its vast library of assets
- Create efficiencies for all of its creative teams
- Enable the firm to do more with less
- Give clients a new way to collaborate with their creative teams
- Save everyone money
That system was the Extensis Portfolio Server. Up and running in just a matter of days, the fully integrated Portfolio Server allowed them to immediately manage all of their assets, and mirrored capabilities for both their Mac and Windows users. A further implementation of NetPublish Server created an external access point to their files, enabling them to offer customized portals to their clients.
Where they landed…
Since deploying Portfolio Server, Methodologies has:
- Decreased inefficient workflow and storage practices, resulting in teams that can work smarter and save costs for both client and firm
- Eliminated guesswork and laborious processes around finding the right files
- Retained the value of assets by locking down and cataloging asset versions
- Eliminated bottlenecks by making their library easily accessible for users
- Brought clients closer to the workflow with NetPublish’s on-demand, self-service portals – an offering that has been met with widespread acclaim
Where they’re headed…
This economy has forced everyone to rethink how they can make more out of less. Some are more successful at this than others, but the ones that have figured it out will see rewards that last far beyond the onset of hard times. Since Methodologie now knows the power of a finely tuned digital asset management system, they can use it as a key point of strategic advantage over their competition for years to come. And from all accounts, that’s exactly what they plan to do.